The Stagecrafters Theater is centrally located in Chestnut Hill, in the heart of this historic section of northwest Philadelphia at 8130 Germantown Avenue (in the 8100 block between Hartwell Lane and Abington Avenue). The theater is toward the rear of the property up a short driveway. See interactive map
Chestnut Hill is easily accessible by all major roadways in the area and via public transit:
From Center City Philadelphia:
Take Route 76 West / Schuylkill Expressway to Exit 32 (Lincoln Drive), or take Kelly Drive to where it joins Lincoln Drive. Follow Lincoln Drive to Emlen Street (about 3.8 miles). Make a left onto Emlen and follow the road three traffic lights to Germantown Avenue. Make a left turn onto Germantown Avenue and you will be in the 7800 block. Theater is several blocks up on left.
From Valley Forge and Point West via PA Turnpike:
- Pennsylvania Turnpike to Exit 25 (Norristown). Bear right towards Germantown Pike East. Take Germantown Pike East for approx. 4 miles into Chestnut Hill. The retail area, approx. the 8600 block, begins at Germantown & Rex Avenues. The theater is less than 2 miles from the city limits on the right.
From Delaware County and 476 North:
- Take 476 (The Blue Route) North until just before its convergence with the Pennsylvania Turnpike. Take the Germantown Pike East exit and follow for approximately 4 miles into Chestnut Hill. Continue as above.
From New York City and Central/Northern New Jersey:
Take the New Jersey Turnpike to the Pennsylvania Turnpike to Exit 25. Take the Germantown Pike East exit and follow for approximately 4 miles into Chestnut Hill. Continue as above.
From South Jersey:
- Take the Benjamin Franklin Bridge to 676 West / Schuylkill Expressway. Take Expressway to Exit 32 (Lincoln Drive). Follow Lincoln Drive to Emlen Street (approx. 2 mi.). Make a left onto Emlen Street and follow the road three traffic lights to Germantown Avenue. Make a left turn onto Germantown Avenue and you will be in the 7800 block. Theater is several blocks up on left.
Via SEPTA Regional Rail
- Use any Center City Rail Station (Market East, Suburban or 30th Street) to board the SEPTA R7 Chestnut Hill East or R8 Chestnut Hill West train to either the Gravers Lane stop on R7 or the last stop (8600 Germantown Avenue) on R8. From the R7 line take a left turn out of the station and walk the three blocks to Germantown Avenue, then go left down 2 blocks to the theater. From the R8 line, walk up the steps or the ramp directly onto Germantown Avenue, then go right down 4 blocks to the theater. The train service is very regular and you can see a timetable at SEPTA.
During the winter months, please be aware that in the case of significant snow or ice on a performance date, a decision about whether to proceed or cancel a performance will be made by 4 p.m. on Thursdays through Saturdays and by 11 a.m. on Sundays.
After these times, there will be an announcement of any change in performance schedule:
- on our phone message at 215.247.8881
- and on KYW NewsRadio (1060 AM)
Please note that parking is not permitted on theater property during a show. If you bring a handicapped person to a play, you may drive in and drop that person off before you park your vehicle.
You will find parking on the street, or you may use one of two nearby community parking lots:
- Lot #5 on 8300 Germantown Avenue next to PNC Bank
- Lot #7 on 8400 Germantown Avenue at rear – enter from East Highland Avenue